My Csihas ancestors start with Rupert Csihas, my 6th Great Grandfather. He was born abt 1720 in Bohemia. It is here that he married Helena Eleonora ?? and they had the following children:
1. Simon – born abt 1751 (5th Great Grandfather)
2. Susanna – born abt 1753
3. Josef – born abt 1757. He married Katharina ?? on 25 November 1777 in Batschsentiwan, Batschka, Hungary, Austria’'.
4. Johann – born abt 1761 and died 5 May 1826 in Milititsch, Batschka, Hungary, Austria. He would marry three times; Elisabeth Prislinger in 1799 in Doroslo, Anna Maria Pfaltz on 22 Jan 1782 in Batschsentiwan, and Katharina Schroeder on 19 June 1894 in Doroslo.
5. Anna Klara – born abt 1765
Rupert and his family are immigrant ancestors. They emigrated from Bohemia in 1766 and settled in the village of Batschsentiwan, Batschka, Hungary, Austria. As part of their travel, they passed through Vienna in June of that year to register for the land they planned on settling. During registration Rupert reported his occupation as a sculptor. In 1768 we know that they resided at house number 47 in Batschsentiwan.
Batschsentiwan is currently called Prigrevica and is located in Serbia. You can read more about the Batschsentiwan settlement here: DVHH Village List - Batschsentiwan.
Ruperts wife, Helena, died in Batschsentiwan on 24 November 1780. Rupert followed her in death 12 years later, 17 August 1792 in Batschsentiwan.
Simon, their first born and my 5th great grandfather, would marry 4 times in Batschsentiwan.
1. Katharina Seider on 24 January 1775
2. Katharina Harjung on 26 August 1788
3. Barbara Weber on 2 July 1793
4. Anna Maria Schiebli (5th great grandmother) on 22 Sept 1795.
Simon and Anna would have 2 children, both born in Batschsentiwan :
1. Franz – Born 22 Aug 1796 (4th Great Grandfather)
2. Simon – Born 30 April 1805
Franz would marry Anna Kutsch but I am not sure where or when. I am assuming they married in Batschsentiwan but it could have also been Milititsch as this is where all their children were born. There children were:
1. Josephus – born 1818 (3rd Great Grandfather)
2. Johann – born 1829 and died 22 Sept 1909. He married Theresia Steckart on 22 Nov 1860 in Milititsch.
Josephus, also known as Josef, married Anna Maria Piller on 10 August 1843 in Milititsch. They would have five children, all born in Milititsch.
1. Jakob – born 12 Sept 1843 and died 25 May 1849
2. Josef – born 31 Oct 1844 and died 22 Nov 1844
3. Magdalena – born 11 March 1846 and died 19 Dec 1917. She would marry two times:
a. Jakob Doriath (1840 – 1891) on 7 Aug 1865
b. Josef Schuy (1838 – 1899) on 29 Jan 1894
4. Anna Maria – born 5 Feb 1848
5. Rosalia, by 2nd Great Grandmother
Rosalia was born 27 July 1850. She married Augustine Hinterhauser (1848 – 1891) on 30 June 1873. She died about 1915 maybe in Germany. They had 10 children with their last being my Great Grandmother, Anna Maria Hinterhauser. I’ve posted many times about her: Ship Manifest, Tombstone Tuesday, Census Sunday, Ancestor Appreciation Day
These are my Csihas ancestors, please let me know if your ancestors fit in anywhere, maybe we are related.
Thanks for reading and keep diggin’ for that family.
- Jakob Schuy and Paul Scherer, Ortssippenbuch Batschsentiwan 1763-1827 (Lappersdorf, Germany: Forschungsgemeinschaft Mittelbatschka zu Hd. Herrn Andreas Pfuhl, 1992), Page 53 - 55, Family 0260 - 263.
- Jakob Schuy, Ortssippenbuch Miletitsch(Racz Milititsch-Srpski Miletitsch-Berauersheim)in der Batschka, (Schriesheim, Arbeitskreis Donauschwaebischer Familienforscher, 1987)
- Római Katólikus (Roman Catholic) Egyház, Rácmilitics, "Halottak Anyakönyvek (Death Registry) 1826-1895" (Salt Lake City: Filmre vette a Genealogical Society of Utah, 1964. FHL Film 0638191).
© 2014 Copyright, Christopher Shaw, All Rights Reserved.