Friday, August 29, 2014

Follow Friday–My Favorites from the last week (or so…)

Follow FridayThe below blog posts caught my attention over the past week or so and thought I would pass them along in case you missed them.
- Three Years of Blogging Happiness- Wendy, at Jollett, Etc. celebrated her three year blogaversary by updating and revamping her blog – I think it looks great and what she did can offer all of us some suggestions on improving our blogs.
- 10 Tips to Revive and Refocus Your Family History Research- Lynn, of The Armchair Genealogist (one of my favorites) gives some good advice on how to refocus your research efforts.
- 30+ Ultimate Headline Formulas for Tweets, Posts, Articles, and Emails – Kevan Lee of buffersocial give some excellent formulas that successful social media and bloggers us to come up with their eye-catching headlines.
- Top 10 Articles of August 2014 – the Journal of American Revolution presents their best from the month. I think I covered some of these on my follow Friday posts, but its worth repeating. Although it is not a genealogy blog, it gives great information to help put context to your Revolutionary War ancestors. And it is a great read for us history nerds.
- Trials and Tribulations of Writing while Sleeping – Mark Boonshoft of The Junto shares how he deals with getting his best ideas and moments of genius at the most inconvenient times.
I hope you find these useful or at the very least, interesting.
Thanks for reading and keep diggin' for that family.
Chris
© 2014 copyright, Christopher Shaw








3 comments:

  1. I'm catching up on my reading so I'm just now seeing you included my little blog. Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Wendy at Jollett, etc. not Mary. She'll still be your friend though. =)

    Signed,
    Wendy's sister, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and sorry I got the name mixed up, but it's fixed now. I don't even know how I could have done that - I didn't even know you had a sister.

    ReplyDelete