Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday–Richard (Bud) Almer Lindsay

Tombstone of Richard A. Lindsay
This weeks Tombstone Tuesday post is for Richard (Bud) Almer Lindsay, born 19 December 1918 in Washington DC and died 24 February 1987 in Detroit, Michigan. Although he was not a blood relative, he was the only grandpa I knew, and one of my sons is named after him (you can read about my thoughts on non-blood relations in my post - Blood is Not Always Thicker). He was all-but-married to my grandmother, Teresa Pakledinaz; they were together for 30+ years.
He is buried in Pipe Creek Cemetery in Union Bridge, Maryland along side his sister and parents. My Grandmother’s ashes lay with him. You can find his find-a-grave memorial here: Richard Almer Lindsay, where you can leave him some flowers and a message if you want.
Thanks for reading and keep diggin’ for that family.
Chris
© 2014 copyright, Christopher Shaw

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. Some people are more like family than some of the blood relatives.

    ReplyDelete