The below blog posts caught my attention over the past week or so and thought I would pass them along in case you missed them.
- The Posters that Sold World War I to the American Public – interesting article about early media from the Smithsonian Mag online; how were your ancestors affected by this media campaign?
- Can I Use that Picture? a helpful little chart from Upfront with the NGS
- Ancestor Hate Mail from Kerry Scott on Clue Wagon. Can always count on Kerry Scott for a laugh and this does not disappoint and I bet we can all relate to at least one thing she writes – I don’t know how many Johann Martin and Martin Johann’s show up in my German ancetory.
- Top 10 Reasons to Join the British Army by Don Hagist of the Journal of the American Revolution – Interesting and could be of use to those researching their ancestors during this time frame.
- Why Spreadsheets are Cuter than Kittens by Jenny Lanctot at her Are My Roots Showing? blog. Jenny started a series on spreadsheets that is just awesome. I’ve used spreadsheets for my paying jobs for years but never really made the connection completely with my family research – thanks to Jenny I am making that connection now.
I hope you find these useful or at the very least, interesting.
Thanks for reading and keep diggin' for that family.